Finding the courage to truly be yourself
Finding the courage to truly be yourself - Bear Psychology Radio hosted by Dr. Anna Baranowsky with guest Dr. Lindsay Gibson.
We all want to feel free to be our true selves and live in a way that feel authentic. I want to live my life to the fullest and I imagine you do as well. Despite this, we can get sidetracked by demands and expectations that throw us off our true gifts and passions. Instead we might follow the preferences and aspirations that society, family, and friends have for us, rather than what we truly want for ourselves. Breaking free from self-doubt and discovering what it is that you truly want from life, demands that you grow beyond the obstacles that undermine personal goals, hopes and dreams.
Dr. Lyndsay Gibson, Psychologist and author of “Who You Were Meant to Be: A Guide to Finding or Recovering Your Life's Purpose”. Dr. Gibson utilizes her years of clinical knowledge to show us what gets in the way of our true unfolding. We will reflect on how to free ourselves from misguided guilt and misplaced loyalty that confuses loving others with sacrificing ourselves and betraying our true life path.
Listen to the conversation with Dr. Lindsay Gibson as we explore ways to reclaim your true path, especially if you have suffered from the effects of emotionally immature parents. Let’s discuss how to uncover your life’s purpose and who you were truly meant to be.
- LISTEN NOW: Bear Psychology Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Dr. Lindsay Gibson is a clinical psychologist, author, and assistant professor with a passion for human conflict and helping others develop long-lasting, meaningful relationships. Dr. Gibson has written several books including her best-selling novel “Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting or Self-Involved Parents”. It has sold over 100,000 copies, been translated into 14 languages, and has helped thousands of people reverse their toxic psychological legacy and reclaim their lives.
In her book, Dr. Gibson provides real life examples from her therapy practice and a variety of methods to get you thinking about what constitutes individual happiness and how to chart a course to get there. Dr. Gibson helps her readers to free themselves from doubt and defeat and find out what you really want to do with your life, utilizing inner guidance to find personal and energizing life purpose. Her book helps address feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, and the common fears that often bring self-actualization to a hault while offering practical advice for those who are reluctant to put themselves first in their own lives.
If you are interested in more information about how you can recover from emotionally immature parents, break out of old habits, forge a new path to discover or recover our true purpose in life and become the people we want to be, this show is for you.
- Realityradio101.com; May 25th , 2023 from 1-2 pm EDT.
- Email questions/comments live during the Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-866-905-7325 or 905-725-1907
Links & Resources:
- To purchase Dr. Gibson’s book “Recovering from Emotionally Immature Parents: https://tinyurl.com/mwf48aur
- To purchase Dr. Gibson’s book “Who You Were Meant to Be: A Guide to Finding or Recovering Your Life's Purpose”: https://www.amazon.ca/Who-You-Were-Meant-Recovering/dp/0882821873
- For more information about Dr. Gibson: https://catalogue.pesi.com.au/speaker/lindsay-gibson-346187/18
Materials to Reference:
- 4 signs that a parent is emotionally immature: https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/mental-wealth/202111/4-signs-parent-is-emotionally-immature
- Accessing Emotional Immaturity (questionnaires and resources): http://curioushealing.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ACEIP_exercises.pdf
- Tips for finding your life’s purpose: Accessing Emotional Immaturity (questionnaires and resources): https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/articles/202301/5-ways-to-find-your-purpose
Access “Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery” with Dr. Anna Baranowsky & Dr. J. Eric Gentry. You can find the audio recording at:
Access the complete “Trauma Recovery NOW!” audio program at.