Every wonder why you make poor food choices? Have you ever tried a new diet just to end up miserable and eating even more than before? Kim Shapira will help us understand how to put an end to disordered eating habits and improving your health and happiness in the process. Shapira recognizes that unhealthy food habits can occur as a result of life stressors and old patterns of self-soothing. Her work focuses on getting back on track and using food for health.
Kim Shapira, author of “This Is What You’re Really Hungry For”, teaches us how to develop a healthy relationship with our food free of restriction and the need to constantly eat “healthy”. Her method allows you to lose or maintain your current weight, alleviate blood pressure issues, increase your energy level, reframe any unhelpful beliefs about food, identify foods that are not for you, and manage your emotions in healthy ways.
Listen to the conversation with Kim Shapira as we explore Shapira’s six simple rules to changing your relationship with food.
Shapira is a celebrity dietitian, nutritional therapist, and author who has spent the last 25 years transforming people’s relationship with food and helping them lose weight the right way. Shapira has a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from Tulane University and a Master’s degree in Human Metabolism and Clinical Nutrition from Boston University. She has practiced her unique approach to keeping weight off in private practice, hospitals, sports clinics, addiction centers and even universities.
In her book, Shapira breaks down the science behind getting both your brain and body on board with being healthy; explains why fad diets do not last, and empowers you to be the boss of your own body.
If you are interested in learning more about how to start and stay on your health journey, this show is for you.
Links & Resources:
- Kim Shapira’s Book: https://www.kimshapiramethod.com/thisiswhatyourereallyhungryfor
- Information about Kim Shapira’s Methodology: https://www.kimshapiramethod.com/method
- Information about Kim: https://www.kimshapiramethod.com/meet-kim
Materials to Reference:
- More of Kim Shapira’s Products: https://www.kimshapiramethod.com/shop
- Kim Shapira’s Blog: https://www.kimshapiramethod.com/blog
- Contact Kim Shapira: https://www.kimshapiramethod.com/contact
- Have Kim Shapira join your book club: https://www.kimshapiramethod.com/book-club-request
Access “Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery” with Dr. Anna Baranowsky & Dr. J. Eric Gentry. You can find the audio recording at:
Access the complete “Trauma Recovery NOW!” audio program at.