Raheel Raza, a Muslim Canadian born in Pakistan, migrated to Canada in 1988, has a unique perspective on what is happening right now in the Israel-Hamas war and her reflections on misinformation and what Peace would take. She has visited Israel 13 times in the 16 years. In her National Post Article “I'm a Muslim and I love Israel. Here's why” published in February 2023, Raza details what she has learned about hate and antisemitism, it’s prevalence in Arab Muslim countries, her hope for Peace and the struggles of supporting Israel at this time.
Listen to our conversation with journalist & author Raheel Raza as we talk about her unique understanding of the current Israel-Hamas conflict, with the perspective as a Muslim Canadian Journalist in Canada.
- LISTEN NOW Bear Psychology Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Raheel Raza has publications in major newspapers in Canada and appearances on International media outlets like CNN, BBC, Fox News and CBC. She is considered an activist for human rights, a prolific author, supporter of women’s issues and an International public speaker. She also sits on the board of directors for Muslims facing Tomorrow and The Council of Muslims against Antisemitism (CMAA).
Raheel Raza has published numerous books including “Their Jihad...Not My Jihad!: A Muslim Canadian Woman Speaks Out” which offers Raza’s insight, opinions and solutions to restoring dignity and respect to Muslims living in the West and “How Can You Possibly be a Muslim Feminist?” where Raza utilizes common sense, a dash of humor and the Qur’an itself to combat against the misogynic barbarism in so many Islamic cultures.
Listen to our conversation with Raheel Raza as we discuss her opinions on extremism, radicalization, and the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine.
If you are interested in learning more about Raheel Raza’s story, this show is for you.
Links & Resources:
- Review Raza’s National Post article: https://nationalpost.com/opinion/im-a-muslim-and-i-love-israel-heres-why
- For more information on Raheel Raza: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raheel_Raza
- Links to Raza’s other publications: https://raheelraza.com/media/
- Raheel Raza’s Book “Their Jihad, Not My Jihad!”: https://www.amazon.ca/Their-Jihad-Not-My-Canadian/dp/0973508728/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=raheel+raza&qid=1599398777&sr=8-3
Materials to Reference:
- Hamas Ideology Explained: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2023/10/hamas-covenant-israel-attack-war-genocide/675602/
- The Decolonization Narrative: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/10/decolonization-narrative-dangerous-and-false/675799/
Access “Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery” with Dr. Anna Baranowsky & Dr. J. Eric Gentry. You can find the audio recording at:
Access the complete “Trauma Recovery NOW!” audio program at.