REBECCA TZALAZIDIS, M.A., PhD Intern.
Clinical Psychology Resident
Rebecca is a doctoral candidate who is currently completing her PhD in Clinical Psychology through Lakehead University. She obtained her Master of Arts degree in Clinical Psychology from Lakehead University in 2016. She has also received an Honours B.Sc. in Psychology (specialist) from the University of Toronto. She has completed clinical training at several locations in both Thunder Bay and Durham Region. Rebecca has experience working with individuals (adolescents and adults), couples, as well as groups. Rebecca has received training and has experience working in the following areas:
- Tri-phasic Trauma Approach
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Mindfulness: Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) & Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Gottman's Couple Therapy
- Trauma-informed Group Therapy
Rebecca has experience in conducting psychological testing and other types of assessments. She also has experience in writing various types of reports.
Rebecca is currently a clinical psychology resident at Bear Psychology under supervised practice with Dr. Anna Baranowsky, Ph.D., C.Psych and Anna Kozina, M.A., C.Psych.