There are times when someone describes in detail a relationship that seems unkind, unhealthy and even dangerous. Or maybe we have experienced this personally in a relationship with a person we thought would be a wonderful partner to begin with only to realize after falling deeply in love that this person is self-centered, arrogant, attention seeking and lacks basic empathy and consideration for other people.
An expert on NPD and psychopaths and the author of “Women Who Love Psychopaths: Inside the Relationships of Inevitable Harm with Psychopaths, Sociopaths & Narcissists”, Sandra L. Brown (author and former psychotherapist) shares her knowledge of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and Psychopathy, the complicated nature of Pathological and/or abusive relationships, and how to heal when the relationship ends.
Listen to the conversation with Sandra L. Brown as we delve into personality disorders (Borderline, Narcissism, Anti-Social, and Psychopathy), Pathological Love Relationships, and the care of those who have suffered through the ordeal of dangerous relationships.
- LISTEN NOW: Bear Psychology Podcast on Apple Podcasts
Sandra L. Brown, M.A., is the founder of the Association for NDP/Psychopathy Survivor Treatment and The Institute for Relational Harm Reduction & Public Pathology Education. She is a former psychotherapist in the field of psychopathology and “survivor trauma”. She is a respected community educator on the intersections of mental illness, personality disorders, violence, and recidivism. She is also a clinical lecturer, TV and radio guest, and author.
Brown has written a number of books including How to Spot a Dangerous Man Before You Get Involved; Women Who Love Psychopaths: Inside the Relationships of Inevitable Harm with Psychopaths, Sociopaths & Narcissists, and Counseling Victims of Violence: A Handbook for Helping Professionals.
Brown illustrates a novel model of clinical treatment she has brought to this population as well as research and insight into the impact of the survivors’ experiences. Her unique treatment approach integrates relational dynamics, personality traits, and trauma/aftermath symptomatology of survivors of NPD/Psychopath partners with the goal of providing professionals with effective tools for treating survivors of NPD/Psychopaths.
If you are interested in Sandra Brown’s knowledge on Pathological Love Relationships, how to free yourself from them, and healing your trauma caused by psychopathic abuse, this show is for you.
Links & Resources:
- Sandra Brown’s Books: https://www.amazon.ca/Sandra-L-Brown/e/B01ATIAQKG/ref=aufs_dp_fta_dsk
- Association for NPD/Psychopathy Survivor Treatment: https://survivortreatment.com/
- To purchase her award winning book: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0984172807/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i4
- For more about Sandra Brown: http://sandralbrownma.com/
- Contact Sandra Brown: http://sandralbrownma.com/more-about-sandra/
Materials to Reference:
- Relevant Research on Psychopathy: https://survivortreatment.com/research/
- New Science that has emerged: https://survivortreatment.com/field-development-accomplishments-and-contributions/
- Brown’s Workshop’s for Professionals: https://survivortreatment.com/treating-the-survivor/
- Relevant Articles on NPD and Psychopathy: https://survivortreatment.com/articles/
Access “Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery” with Dr. Anna Baranowsky & Dr. J. Eric Gentry. You can find the audio recording at:
Access the complete “Trauma Recovery NOW!” audio program at.