When Medical & Mental Health Intersect in Trauma Recovery
When Medical & Mental Health intersect in trauma recovery -- Bear Psychology Radio Show with Dr. Cammy Froude & Dr. Anna Baranowsky.
Dr. Cammy Froude has a very unique perspective on the cross-section between medical and mental health and trauma recovery. She was a Postdoctoral fellow in Medical Family Therapy (University of Colorado) and has a Ph.D. in Human Development and family studies, with a specialization in trauma and health. This is a particularly important combination, as at any time we may find ourselves needing to address our own physical health, which may be further impacted with related trauma that may come with a sudden illness/injury/surgery/medical error, etc.
Dr. Cammy understands the importance of working deeply in ways that go beyond supportive or strictly cognitive behavioral interventions and leans in to the somatic or physically experienced layers of pain (emotional and physical)
She uses multiple mind-body or somatic strategies (including EMDR) to address the expression of emotional/medial trauma. Dr. Cammy brings a fresh and energetic approach to helping those at her clinic. She also recognizes that we can have “Medically Unexplained Physical Symptoms”, or MUPS, that can become exacerbated in times of strain. Recognizing the roots to these symptoms can free us up to live more fully and understand the core of our triggers and the subsequent symptoms.
MUPS include physical struggles such as:
- Chronic Fatigue
- Non-Epileptic Seizures
- Stomach Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Medical Trauma
- Iatrogenic Effects
If you have thought that there may be a link to emotional struggles/trauma and a distressing medical symptom, then this show will open up some new options for you.
Do you have a story to share or a solution that has worked for you? Listen to the conversation about this complex issue.
- Realityradio101.com; March 31, 2022 from 1-2 pm EDT.
- Email questions/comments live during the Show: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-866-905-7325 or 905-725-1907
Links & Resources:
- Contact Dr. Cammy Froude: https://www.drcammytherapy.com/
- Cammy on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCekyT0v0Pj0kE5woAzhTQdA?view_as=subscriber
- What is Somatic Therapy and how can it help you? https://www.drcammy.com/blog-3/w1w7vns8502eacypqkahaengpofgia
- What is an Iatrogenic Event? https://www.verywellhealth.com/what-is-iatrogenic-2615180
- Somatic Interventions: https://integrativepsych.co/new-blog/somatic-therapy-explained-methods
Access “Compassion Fatigue Resiliency & Recovery” with Dr. Anna Baranowsky & Dr. J. Eric Gentry. You can find the audio recording at:
Access the complete “Trauma Recovery NOW!” audio program at.